Help i need to give my duck a shot of antibiotics....

WaywardDuckMomma

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2021
West Virginia
Any advice or videos or pictures on how to give a duck a shot? We had to take our duck to the vet this past week for leg issues that she is having. She was given an antibiotic in pill form that we were to crush up and mix with water.... She was not having that, would not drink the water and it was too much to give her orally in a syringe. So I called our vet to see if there was any other antibiotics she could have and take a different way and was given 2 prefilled syringes (shots) to give her.... 1 today and the other in 4 days. I was given basic instruction on how to give the injections but would like a little more info on how to safely do this. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thank you

I'm uploading a video for you, but it's taking forever! Can you tell us what type of antibiotics the vet gave you?
I am not sure.... My husband picked it up from our vet yesterday and doesnt remember and it is not on the ticket that was given..... Here is a picture of what we were given maybe I missed the name looking over it....

Attachments

• 20210220_154531.jpg
    20210220_154531.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 47
I agree with that. Trying to give my duck oral antibiotics is like armwrestling a grown man!!, seriously who would know a ducks neck is so strong.
My hus and laughed everytime he saw me give DayZee her meds,.

Back
Top Bottom