Help! I need to rehome my roosters - Nevada

mama hen

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 23, 2012
Reno, NV
I have two roosters that I purchased from Green's as an Americauna and Cochin that I need to find a home for. I'd like them to not be eaten or used for fighting as these were raised as pets (they were supposed to be pullets). Anyone interested in adopting these two? The Americauna is really snuggly and good with kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, mama hen. Feel free to come over to the Nevada thread and post stuff like this... that's where most of us hang out. Actually, I have so little time to be online that I mostly just check that link.

The bad news, though... most of us have our fill of roosters, or can't have roosters at all. We're very lucky to find anyone at all who doesn't want to eat them. The sad truth is, that's pretty much the story all over town. You could try Craigslist but you never know exactly where those are going.

There is a member of the Poultry Fancier's Association (not sure if that's the true name) who lives in Reno and posts regularly. They'll rehome roosters for a $5 donation to the club, but I don't know any details beyond that.

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm looking for roosters to give a home to, I have a couple of hens but no rooster :/
Would like for them to have some chicks and increase family :)
Please contact me if you still have them available, thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom