1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help I sent my husband and 4 yr girl to get horse feed and they came back with these really cute chi

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kendracowan28, Aug 6, 2014.

1. kendracowan28

kendracowan28 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2014
    Brownwood Texas
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. kendracowan28

Aug 5, 2014
    Brownwood Texas
    [​IMG][/IMG]

3. kendracowan28

Aug 5, 2014
    Brownwood Texas
    This is my first time on here I can't tell if all the pics went threw lol

4. nuttyboo

nuttyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Top looks like roo, he has long curly tail feathers, and bottom looks like a hen(red)

5. kendracowan28

Aug 5, 2014
    Brownwood Texas
    But what breeds are they cause I find pics that look like them but not identical?? Yeah I got 3 too many roo my house sounds like a rooster farm instead of horse ranch lol but this one is tea tiny[​IMG]

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    The black and white is a Silver Laced Sebright. The solid reddish bird with the feathered feet is a Red Cochin. The black one with the really big white ear lobes could be something like a Black Andalusian or Leghorn. The last one maybe an Old English Game. Not sure about the cochin from that picture but the rest are roosters.

2 people like this.
  7. kendracowan28

Aug 5, 2014
    Brownwood Texas
    [​IMG]

8. Kelsie2290

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Light Brahma, with the feathered feet and peacomb? ... boy did your daughter and husband come home with an assortment!

1 person likes this.
  9. kendracowan28

Aug 5, 2014
    Brownwood Texas
    Y'all have no idea lol lol they brought more than these I gave his parents some of the real small ones and we already had egg layers but then they brought me these and I was kinda mad cause I already had 10 big baby's lol but then after I saw they were different and soooo pretty and personalities I have been hooked and having so much fun!!! The red hen has a twin and when it rains they peck on the front door to come in and snuggle lol loving this

10. Kelsie2290

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    They are so pretty aren't they, makes you want one of everything! I love the color pattern on the Sebrights, and the little OEGS are so full of themselves. The Cochins and d'Uccles are really popular as pets for children, Brahmas are really sweet also, do you know if you got any more pullets/hens? (That Brahma looks to be a pullet so far? not sure on the ages?)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by