1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help I think my silkie chick may be sick????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Teresaann24, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I went out this evening to see one of my black chicks just chillin by itsself in the corner. The chick was fine this morning i got the chick out and looked it over i see nothing wrong she was fisky this morning at feeding time but now just seems sleepy. Everyone eles is up eating and scratching but she is just chillin in the corner. Also I noticed her poop looked water like? They are on chick stater feed chick grit also has fesh dirt and sand to get too clean water refilled often through the day. When i tried to catch her she put up a good fight running from me. Was very vocal when I picked her up. I saw her picking at the dirt a lil and even ate a lil bit of watermelon. but still went back to her corner her eyes are clear and she is alert I gave her a peice of clover and she swallowed it up. Is she sick? or has the other chicks dominated over her?

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    how old is the chick? Maybe the watermellon is too much for her system just yet? I am no expert, but that could be why her poos are so watery???

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    she is about 3-4 months i just gave them the watermelon this evening she was already acting like this. Also the day before I had gave them corn on the cob already cooked that was left after dinner. Could this chick could have been sleep it was close to roosting time and I was watching the chick it groomed its self some then stuck its head under its wing?

Could it be the corn she ate? the others arent acting this way? If it was the corn that has upset her stomach what could I give to the chick?

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Anyone?

5. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Sounds like she was just tired!

6. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I was thinking the same maybe the chick was just sleepy but she does have runny poo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by