Help ID Bantam Pullet

ErniesFlock

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 17, 2014
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
In April I bought 2 Japanese Bantams and 2 Silkies. I know that Miso is a Japanese Bantam Roo (obvious) and Lolly & Bigfoot are Silkies. I am unsure the white pullet is a Japanese Bantam? If anyone can give me their expert opinion cause I cant seem to figure out what she is on the internet. Maybe she is long legged Japanese Bantam? Thats what I originally thought and picked her (fingers crossed) so when I bred the two I wouldnt have to deal with the lethal gene with two short legged Japanese Bantams. I thought I would have gotten the rooster wrong and been stuck with two pullets. What is she anyone? OEG? Mixed?

Also Id like to determine if my Silkies are pullets or roosters (I believe they are hens) and just exactly what color is Bigfoot (non black Silkie)

Bigfoot also does this twitch thing with her head it kinda comes and goes. Looks like turrets mini seizure. Lasts for only a few seconds. It will go away for great lengths of time and come back for a few days. Obviously something neurological just wonder if anyone knew what it might be. I may have to video it so you can understand what I am talking about. It has been happening ever since I got her.

The 4 of them are about 4-5 months old I believe.

Roadrunner. Very fast and can fly almost as well as a bird. Also very friendly.

A tint of yellow in the breast area also yellow/amber eyes

No Comb sometimes I think she isnt even a chicken.

She appears to be some kind of game bird, I hope she is a Japanese Bantam but Im pretty sure she isnt. No black anywhere on her where Miso is a blacktail and supposidley from the same batch of eggs.

This is Miso he is the leader of this mini flock that walks amongst 44 other birds.. two acting Roosters and Miso here makes three. He recently began crowing and when he is agitated (lol) he does that mating dance towards whatever chicken is pissing him off. Its pretty funny.

This is Bigfoot because she resembles a Sasquatch. She used to be really flighty but now she likes to cuddle and purr at night time. I just dont know what color this is... I guess being colour blind dont help much.

Even after many years experience of shooting... Black still presents the greatest challenge.

Well you know how \Silkies dont perch when they roost right... well they talked these two into cuddling every night.

Please we are dying to know what Roadrunner is. Thanks in advance.

I thought that as well accept the face is the wrong color and too small a tail. Maybe she is crossed cause she dont even have a comb either. Sighs... doesnt make sense either cause the guy I got her from got a huge amount of chicks that were suppose to be Silkies & Japanese Bantams.

I am still looking for other possibilities Could she be a Japanese Bantam (thats what I bought her as from ol Phil told me it was a pair of JB) I almost bought some OEGB eggs but my source tells me her hens stopped laying. So the mystery continues.

Back
Top Bottom