1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help ID chick.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Meza0614, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Meza0614

Meza0614 New Egg

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new member, but whenever I had anything I needed to know about my chickens I always came here. Now I need help identifying this little chick that was found in our friends pool and is now in our care. We have 5 Rhode Island Reds 4 hens and a rooster but this little one doesn't look like he's a RIR. I also have a nagging suspicion that this little one might be a rooster. Thank you in advance.

[​IMG]

*Update*

Here are some front view photos of the chick to help with ID

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    sorry one is out of focus it's the best I could get of a constantly moving chick.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Sorry I don't have an ID or even a guess. Hopefully someone will show up and answer the question.
    But do hope it's a girl so you can keep her:)

Just stopped by to Welcome you [​IMG]

So glad you have joined us. You should consider posting an intro under the New Members forum to get a proper welcoming.

3. Meza0614

Meza0614 New Egg

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida

Thank you for the welcome :) Rooster or Hen it doesn't matter to us, we will figure it out but this little one has a permanent home here with us.

2 people like this.
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Could you take a picture from the front to show us the comb?
    Also, he/she alright? She looks sick...

5. Meza0614

Meza0614 New Egg

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    I will post a front view in a few minutes. (S)He had just been brought to us after taking a swim in a pool, but is doing great now. Once it was warmed up with a full belly and some rest it perked right up.

6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    That's so nice to hear. That is one lucky chick to be rescued and given to a loving home.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    think it's a cockerel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by