Help ID my Bantam chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 2 many chickens, Apr 4, 2018.

1. 2 many chickens

2 many chickens Songster

Jan 14, 2017
    What kind of Bantam do I have? Got them at TSC 2 weeks ago, said they were a mixed variety.
    Sorry about pics, not the best quality.. didn't have the best light either lol.
    20180404_223452.jpg 20180404_223402.jpg 20180404_223456.jpg and this guy below is brown with feathered feet. Also have a yellow one with feathered feet.
    20180404_224659.jpg one more thing irrelevant to this, one of my chicks keeps picking on another one, constantly. Gtabbing it's back and ripping while it screams, how do I stop that? Only one does this to one other. They have plenty of room and food and water.

Attached Files:

2. KarateHorse

KarateHorse Chirping

Oct 13, 2016
    NC
    The first and third pictures look like sliver seabrights to me. I'm not sure about the other two chicks.

3. Rachel Taylor

Rachel Taylor Crowing

Aug 17, 2017
    Virginia
    The second one looks like the sienna star chicks we just got. First experience I have with the sienna star though And I’m with karatehorse on the seabright for the first and third. How old?

Anagram likes this.
  4. Rachel Taylor

Rachel Taylor Crowing

Aug 17, 2017
    Virginia
    As far as the pecking . If they have plenty of food water and room it could be that that one’s just a butt head. I hate to say it like that but my mother-in-law had just one hand that would pick on just one other hen. She split her hend in half until they were a bit bigger and it eventually stopped.But that hand always remained a jerk for some reason. That’s a tough one though. If she gets too rough you may have to separate them at least for her safety. Maybe other reasons are causing it but I’m not too familiar with that problem thankfully

drumstick diva and Anagram like this.
  5. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Please post side pics of each one.

drumstick diva likes this.
  6. MROO

MROO Free Ranging

TSC - pretty much everywhere along the East Coast, anyway - was heavy on Seabrights, this year, so that's definitely the top guess for the two silvery chicks. They were also heavy on Old English Game, both red breasted and brown, so that could well be your little brown baby's breed. How many toes are on each foot of your fuzzy-footed chicks? We lucked into a half dozen Silkies at TSC this year. My daughter is thrilled!
    Oh - And Crazy for Chickens! is right, side picks would help, immensely.

7. MROO

MROO Free Ranging

Oh - And double check the chick that is getting pecked to make sure there isn't an injury or other weakness. If there is anything wrong, or even "off" with it, chickens tend to focus in on that. It's their way of helping along the ol' Survival of the Fittest theory ... but mostly, i think the first assumption was correct - Just like humans, some of 'em are just jerks!

8. Rachel Taylor

Rachel Taylor Crowing

Aug 17, 2017
    Virginia
    Wow my tractor supply didn’t have any of those. I would’ve loved to get in old English to go with the old English rooster I have. And the Seabright have always interested me.

9. Rachel Taylor

Rachel Taylor Crowing

Aug 17, 2017
    Virginia
    Yep just like humans eat chicks personality will vary a bit. Some of them are just jerks but I don’t think I can post what she ended up naming that hen. It’s not… Well very lady like to say:p

drumstick diva and MROO like this.
  10. 2 many chickens

2 many chickens Songster

Jan 14, 2017
    Thanks guys!! I believe they are silver seabrights! Glad to know what they are! You all helped a ton!! I will take more pictures tonight of they will let cooprate lol. The "bully" has settled down, no more 'attacking' the other one since last night. The brown guy has four toes that are feathered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: