help id my bantam please

cristal87

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 6, 2010
this little one is a week old it has a single comb. i picked her out of the straight run bin. they didnt say what breeds are in there:rolleyes:rolleyes: so if you could help me out that would be great.
53320_bantams_010.jpg

Quote:
EE's can come with any comb type, color, with or with out beards, lay any color egg and can have any color legs..

Chris

thanks im still new to this so it all gets confusing. i have another banty that has fethered feet doesnt have a single comb and is not a silkie i was thinking brahma or cochin what do you think.

My vote is for an Old English Game Bantam - and most likely a Black Breasted Red because that color pattern is very popular with hatcheries and the chicks have that chipmunk look and straight combs. The biggest difference between the OEGB and EE is the EE will have the puffy cheeks and OEGB won't.

Last edited:
Not sure, but if it was an Old English Game Bantam it should have white legs, considering its feather color. And it's feather color though blurry doesn't look like the standard B.B Red, or Silver Duckwing, ( There are many OEGB colors, but the two mentioned are the most common feed bin colors)

E.E's are mutts that carry the blue egg gene they don't have to have a specific look. However, the pea comb, and beard are common.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom