help id my bantam please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cristal87, May 21, 2010.

1. cristal87

cristal87 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    this little one is a week old it has a single comb. i picked her out of the straight run bin. they didnt say what breeds are in there:rolleyes:rolleyes: so if you could help me out that would be great.[​IMG]

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Based on leg color I would think it's a bantam ee. It's cute!

3. cristal87

Apr 6, 2010
    thats what i thought at first but it has a single comb not a pea comb

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:EE's can come with any comb type, color, with or with out beards, lay any color egg and can have any color legs..

Chris

5. cristal87

Apr 6, 2010
    thanks im still new to this so it all gets confusing. i have another banty that has fethered feet doesnt have a single comb and is not a silkie i was thinking brahma or cochin what do you think.

6. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Cochins have single combs. If it's a silkie it will have 5 toes and black skin. hth!

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My vote is for an Old English Game Bantam - and most likely a Black Breasted Red because that color pattern is very popular with hatcheries and the chicks have that chipmunk look and straight combs. The biggest difference between the OEGB and EE is the EE will have the puffy cheeks and OEGB won't.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Not sure, but if it was an Old English Game Bantam it should have white legs, considering its feather color. And it's feather color though blurry doesn't look like the standard B.B Red, or Silver Duckwing, ( There are many OEGB colors, but the two mentioned are the most common feed bin colors)

E.E's are mutts that carry the blue egg gene they don't have to have a specific look. However, the pea comb, and beard are common.

Last edited: May 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by