1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help id these chicks please!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Patch&Phoebe, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Patch&Phoebe

Patch&Phoebe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2007
    Kensington, CA
    Any ideas as to breed / sex? Current Craigslist posting - someone bought for "fun" now doesn't want them, they are getting too big... They look "familiar" to me, possibly Araucana's and RIR, but I'm a novice at this... THANKS!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looks like a Frizzle of some type in the middle there. That and Easter Eggers.

3. Patch&Phoebe

Patch&Phoebe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2007
    Kensington, CA
    Cynthia thanks! Care to guess at the gender? I don't need anymore "crowing hens"...!! I feel bad for the babies though - looks like they've been in a cardboard box eating who knows what, she said she bought them in May.

4. DementedHam

DementedHam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Southern California
    the pictures are a bit too pixelized to tell but for the middle one i agree with you, i think it's a RIR. i would say all 3 are pullets because for their size the comb is too small to be a rooster's comb for any of them.

5. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    I always thought those birds on the outer sides were Brown leghorns??? I have a couple of those that look just like that,the store told me they were brown leghorns??
    A brown/black neck,,,orangish,brownish breast, and black body?

6. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Not very good at this but if I were going to guess, I would say the two on the outside are Brown Leghorns and the one in the middle maybe a Red Sex Link????

7. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Do I see little feathered feet peeking out? I think that's two Partridge Cochins and one Red Frizzle Cochin. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You know, now that I look more closely, the ones on the end do not look like EEs to me, but the middle one is definitely frizzled.

9. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    I agree with others. The middle looks like a red frizzle cochin. Do the two on the outside have feathered legs? If so they are partridge cochins. They are all cute little chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by