Help ID these ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 22lilchickens, Mar 19, 2015.

1. 22lilchickens

22lilchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Went and got 6 duckling from tractor supply sadly one died when I got it home probably from all the stress but I'm going back tomorrow they said they would replace it. And I'm sure 2 of them I call them the twins are crested Pekins [​IMG]there so cute hopefully a boy and girl
    Next is my favorite and I think she or he is a khaki Campbell not sure [​IMG]she was the only one like that out of all the ducks and the twins were the only two like that and the next one was the only one like it also he might be a Rouen but he looks so different from the others[​IMG]
    Next i have no clue what she might be but she was the only one like her in the box [​IMG]any clue what they might be

2. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    You're probably right on the crested pekins and the Khaki Campbell. The third picture I'm not sure. Could the fourth be a Buff?

3. 22lilchickens

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    The Third one is a mystery and the fourth might be a buff the one that died looked liked him but was smaller and had more of a darker yellow around the face

4. DucksnDaffodils

DucksnDaffodils Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Michigan
    I say the third on is most likely a Welsh Harlequin. And I second the Buff orpington on the fourth one. For sure. Your crested ones are ADORABLE!!![​IMG]

5. DucksnDaffodils

Feb 18, 2013
    Michigan
    Oh and if the third one is a pure Welsh (hard to say for sure without more pics. [​IMG]) then it's a boy. Welsh Harlequins are the only ducklings you can tell at hatch by beak color whether they're boys or girls!!

6. 22lilchickens

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I'll take some more pics later I like to leave them alone the first day I get them so they can rest from all the traveling.

7. 22lilchickens

Oct 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Here are more pics of number 3 [​IMG]

8. DucksnDaffodils

Feb 18, 2013
    Michigan
    Hummmm.. not sure my first guess is correct. You might have a cute mutt on your hands. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by