Help ID these red sex link chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pattypenny, Jun 17, 2009.

1. pattypenny

pattypenny Songster

Sep 27, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Could anyone ID my two red sex link chickens? I think the two with more white on them are golden comets but what are the red birds with white specks? thank you.

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    They look like they are also a sexlink to me. With the sexlinks sometimes they are almost white or almost red or a mix of both.

3. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:yep...i would say dark's are going to be the roo's and white's are goign to be the pullets

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    In a sexink all reds are hens. The cocks are almost totally white.

5. Andora

Andora Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Is it possible that they are all golden comets? My golden comets all have various color patterns of orange and white, some are more solid and others are more white. All of mine are pullets. I think the roosters are almost all white with just a touch of red/orange on the wings?

6. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:yes...as BABIES. They grow to become dark in the roo section and light in the pullet. Least that's the way my Sex Link went

7. pattypenny

pattypenny Songster

Sep 27, 2007
    they were all red in at hatch. they came from cackle hatchery. I ordered the brown layer special.

8. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

My golden comet roos (old enough to crow - they're about 5 months old) are white with a tiny bit of red speckled here and there on their wings. The girls were all red with white like the middle two in the pic.

meri

9. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    My RSL roos were big and white, with a little red in their wings and hackles, and a few yellowish feathers that might have just yellowed in the sun.

10. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Songster

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Aren't RSL and Golden Comets the same thing just different names...also know as Red Stars?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: