Help ID this plant

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
EAA0BAD2-68DF-4C8F-A60A-175F0224AFD9.jpeg
Any ideas?

The deal is I purchased this house and this plant/bush was here, it is kind of overgrown and unsightly....so I wanted to remove and relocate it but not sure what it is and if that would be a good idea?

These are the only fruits on the bush to btw.

Looks like mangos. Cant be certain though

The OP was kind enough to include Pennsylvania in their signature. Mangos are a tropical fruit, can't grow in PA without a lot of help, like a greenhouse or moved inside for the winter. Mango trees I've seen have been huge.

That's part of why I thought Pawpaw, PA is in Pawpaw range. I'm not sure the leaves look exactly right but are close. So maybe some variety instead of the wild ones.

This property was quite neglected when I purchased so I'm not sure a mango would have survived. And yes, I'm in northern PA. The fruits are about the size of golf balls and hard, if that helps, and the leaves kind of look like blueberry leaves...I even asked a greenhouse manager if he had any ideas today and he was stumped as well!

This property was quite neglected when I purchased so I'm not sure a mango would have survived. And yes, I'm in northern PA. The fruits are about the size of golf balls and hard, if that helps, and the leaves kind of look like blueberry leaves...I even asked a greenhouse manager if he had any ideas today and he was stumped as well!
The fruit are hard because they are not ripe. They are the wrong shape for a Pawpaw.

I would leave it alone until the fruit gets ripe to get a better idea of what it is.

Back
Top Bottom