Help ID this wonderful chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Marta and Brad, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Marta and Brad

Marta and Brad New Egg

Oct 29, 2015
    Hello!

We got 24 eggs from a fair to incubate, and this little guy is the only one that came out. We have other chicken.

He is very small, moves fast and is able to "fly" better, much higher than any of our other chickens. He has no problem with getting on top of the washer and other higher places since he was 3 weeks old, for example.

[​IMG]

We have a couple bantam and I think he is smaller than they were at his age. He is about 6 or 7 weeks old right now.

Any ideas on what he is?

Thanks,
    Marta

2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I don't know but that sure is a pretty chick. I hope someone comes along that can identify him/her. Do you have a current photo of him?

Welcome to BYC!

3. Marta and Brad

Marta and Brad New Egg

Oct 29, 2015
    Thank you for the reply!

That is actually a picture from today!

He is as good looking as he is sweet, if he could he would spend all day on our shoulders.

I'm very anxious to know what he is because I want some more like him.

Thank you for the welcome, we are new to chickens and only have a few now, but we want to have many more. :)

Marta

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Marta,

You could post the picture and info over on this thread...there are a lot of people that are really good at identification and someone there should be able to help you out. Sorry, I would have pointed that out sooner but just now noticed what forum you were posting in:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

I'd like to know the breed too, he sounds like a wonderful addition to your flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by