1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help identifing bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JanetfromDayton, Jun 13, 2011.

1. JanetfromDayton

JanetfromDayton Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2011
    Delete

[​IMG]

These are a couple of the bantams I need help to identify. I'm thinking the gold one is a brahma? Not sure about the black & white one. Thanks for help!

2. JanetfromDayton

May 13, 2011
    I forgot to add. They are about 7 weeks old. I'm pretty sure they are both pullets. I got rid of 3 today that were roos.

3. Rin

Rin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2009
    Moonglade (EU)
    brown one is a Mille Fleur d'Uccle - pullet yes. She gets her spots when shes older. Other, I'm not sure. I'd say silver sebright.. but that's guessing.. hard to tell without the tail.

4. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    i agree on the mille... I have three Millie's [​IMG] you are in for a treat they are absolutely amazing birds, such amazing personalities and good layers.... small eggs but still just as tatey [​IMG]

5. Rin

Rin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2009
    Moonglade (EU)
    Quote:TastiER if you ask me [​IMG] I can't figure out why but my d'Uccle eggs taste waaaay better than my EE eggs ever did. I actually thought people were lying about home reared chicken eggs vs store bought up till my hatching season ended and I popped a few soft boiled d'Uccle eggs. They blew my mind! But yes, very very lovely birds. I'm addicted to them. Even the roosters can be very sweet. They take good care of their girls, always dooking like loonies at treats and well-bred hens are completely fine with being scooped right out of the garden. Inspected. Then let go again after a lil affectionate stroke of the comb.

6. JanetfromDayton

May 13, 2011
    Thanks much! I agree the little golden one is very sweet. She's one of my favorites.

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

The one on the left is EITHER a bantam silver-laced wyandotte OR a silver sebright. I'm gonna go with silver sebright, especially if she is particularly small.

Your d'uccle girl is adorable! [​IMG]

8. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Quote:x2 and [​IMG] Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful chicks!

9. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    The black one looks like a silver sebright. The tan one is a d'uccle, Mille Fleur in color. Both are pullets.

10. Zonoma

Zonoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Northern Kentucky
    Yep! Mille Fleur D'Uccle and Silver Sebright. I (or friends) have both.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by