help identify our chicks :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HopefulSteader, Mar 24, 2013.

1. HopefulSteader

HopefulSteader Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Help mw identify our pullets please! :)
    The sister to the first has more red in her feathers. It looks like the white (super friendly) may be getting in a little brown tips. TIA!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    The first one kind of looks like a Red sex link chick other white ones not sure

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    first is a red sexlink.

the white one Im not sure on, where did they come from? It could also be a red sexlink, but if it is, its a cockeral [​IMG]

4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Agreed...

5. HopefulSteader

Mar 17, 2013
    We got them at TSC so I have no idea! haha

Did find the potential breeds picture we took though...for the White it says Amberlink, white leghorn, commercial black, red sex link, golden comet or tetra tint. Red pullets say: Rhode Island Red, New hampshire red, red sex link, production red

6. ancdwc

ancdwc Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2013
    The second one looks like our tetra tints.

7. HopefulSteader

Mar 17, 2013
    haha oh no! I'll try to get better pictures of their combs today. If they are roos I'll be so sad! We're not allowed to have them and they are quickly becoming our favorites. :(

8. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    Don't worry both will not be roos. The first looks like a pullet. If the breed is Sex link. Then they are sexed by color when they hatch. They can be told apart by color when the hatch. The females being Red and the males being white. Thats why it is called sex link. They are breed that way. The first one dose look like a girl. I don't see a cob. As for the second one, it could be a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by