Help Identify Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jmoore721, Nov 11, 2016.

1. jmoore721

jmoore721 New Egg

Feb 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Any idea if this is a hen or roo? And what type of Polish is this? Is it a Polish? I'm lost!!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    It looks polish to me and possibly a gold lace but it could have come from mixed coloured parents which can produce interesting colours. The actual lacing could come at a later stage as your bird ages. Looking at your bird right now I would say you have a pullet there. How old is your bird please?

3. jmoore721

jmoore721 New Egg

Feb 29, 2016
    7 weeks and 3 days. Hatched on September 21.

4. jmoore721

jmoore721 New Egg

Feb 29, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are my other 3 Polish. I'm guessing Pullets here. And I think I have 1 Buff Polish and 2 White Crested Black Polish Pullets.

5. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    You are right about the White Crested Black Polishes. The others appear to be Red Polish- I had one from Ideal Poultry. I had to rehome her since Polish chickens can be noisy and she was waking up my neighbors when she laid an egg. I did have a Splash Polish hen that was quiet but they were buddies so I let them go together.

6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

:/

Possibly male then with the wattles coming in so early. Any crowing yet?

I agree with below, red and WCB. Looking like pullets though :D

Some of my hens are terrible at being noisy :oops: Thankfully I have understanding neighbours who enjoy eggs!
    I've even had a hen start to crow and I mean really crow :barnie Never crowed in two years and is a definite hen so where the crow came from I don't know :idunno Would never had believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes :eek:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by