1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Help Identify Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jmoore721, Nov 11, 2016.

1. jmoore721

jmoore721 Hatching

Feb 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Any idea if this is a hen or roo? And what type of Polish is this? Is it a Polish? I'm lost!!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    It looks polish to me and possibly a gold lace but it could have come from mixed coloured parents which can produce interesting colours. The actual lacing could come at a later stage as your bird ages. Looking at your bird right now I would say you have a pullet there. How old is your bird please?

3. jmoore721

jmoore721 Hatching

Feb 29, 2016
    7 weeks and 3 days. Hatched on September 21.

4. jmoore721

jmoore721 Hatching

Feb 29, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are my other 3 Polish. I'm guessing Pullets here. And I think I have 1 Buff Polish and 2 White Crested Black Polish Pullets.

5. You are right about the White Crested Black Polishes. The others appear to be Red Polish- I had one from Ideal Poultry. I had to rehome her since Polish chickens can be noisy and she was waking up my neighbors when she laid an egg. I did have a Splash Polish hen that was quiet but they were buddies so I let them go together.

6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

:/

Possibly male then with the wattles coming in so early. Any crowing yet?

I agree with below, red and WCB. Looking like pullets though :D

Some of my hens are terrible at being noisy :oops: Thankfully I have understanding neighbours who enjoy eggs!
    I've even had a hen start to crow and I mean really crow :barnie Never crowed in two years and is a definite hen so where the crow came from I don't know :idunno Would never had believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes :eek:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by