Help Identify please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by N&MSchroeder, Apr 28, 2011.

1. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I have had these chicks for a while and have been unable to find anything that looks like them on this forum. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The first chick is 3-4 weeks old.
    Early photo, chick is the one in front profile shot: [​IMG]
    It has vulture hocks and d'uccle type feathering on its feet.
    Photo today, the one on the left: [​IMG]

The other chick I am wondering about is the one on the right. It is the cutest chick I have ever seen. It is 2-3 weeks old and has white feathered legs. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. N&MSchroeder

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Oh, I forgot to add that they are both bantums. [​IMG]

3. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Maybe a millie fleur d'uccle? Looks like they have vulture hocks which d'uccles have.....

edited because now I don't think that's what it is.... No poofy cheeks, and the color is off....

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  4. N&MSchroeder

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Quote:Well, I am wondering if the dark one is a d'uccle, but I don't think it is a mille fleur. The one in the back of the first picture standing in profile to the right has been identified as being a hatchery quality mille fleur d'uccle. Both birds have very similar hocks and feet feathering. [​IMG] (As a first time d'uccle owner, I am amazed!) What other colors do d'uccles come in or is this something else? Any idea on the other chick? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by