Help identify these bantams with feathered feet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Little Jerry Seinfeld, Mar 17, 2018.

1. These are 3 weeks old now, I bought them from tractor supply which sells their bantams mixed of course! I'm not sure what they are. Now that they are 3.5 weeks old they are starting to look alot different then before. 20180317_004645.jpg 20180317_004926.jpg

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. They are adorable! I don't recognize them though, unfortunately. The only bantams I've got from Tractor Supply are Old English Game and D'Uccles and that's not what yours are. They might be a type of cochin, the top one maybe being Silver Laced or Mottled.
    Good luck finding out! They are so pretty!

3. JedJackson

JedJackson Crossing the Road

Jul 6, 2016
    NW Washington state
    First one is probably a light Brahma bantam. Second one is probably a dark brahma bantam or else a silver cochin.

Little Jerry Seinfeld likes this.
  4. I hope so, I would like those ones! :) thanks for the help

JedJackson likes this.
  5. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Unless they have combs other than single,
    1. Mottled Cochin
    2. Silver Penciled Cochin

6. Thanks all! I think you are right definitely a cochin or brahma, somehow the pics I googled for both, they both looked like my chicks haha. I will post again in a week when they have changed some more.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Bantam cochins usually develop combs fast. Brahmas I think are slow maturing but, then I never knew anyone with bantams. How old are they?

8. They turned 3.5 weeks today, barely making a bit of a comb now, I will try to get a picture to post by tomorro.
    Im worn out from so many chicks at once , I just picked up 2 dozen more because I had test ran my incubator and hatched one chick out, it was lonely so I went to buy it 2 friends, well, when I got there they had just got double the chicks they had ordered and were selling them for 75 cents! I regret not buying more actually because even the Hampshire pullets were that cheap and I only got 6 of them. out of the new chicks I got there's one silkie bantam, 3 old english game bantam, but that's all I can tell right off the bat. I wish tractor supply would at least give a list of what is in each shipment of mixed bantams. I guess I do have fun looking up what they could be and making guesses.
    This pic is my hatched silver sebright, he's got a bit of curled toes going on and hates his bandaged feet. 20180317_214823.jpg

9. Here's the best I could get, as you can see there's not much comb at all. 3.5 weeks, pretty tame and mellow. Long necks 20180318_204634.jpg 20180318_204715.jpg 20180318_204654.jpg

10. Poultrylord

Poultrylord Songster

Oct 19, 2016
    Hollis Center, Maine
    Yeah, they are probably brahma bantams.

Little Jerry Seinfeld likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: