Help identify?!?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KowTippin, Oct 2, 2013.

1. KowTippin

KowTippin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2013
    This is my freebie from the hatchery and when I asked the gal in the retail part of the hatchery what breed it was her response was "obviously it's an egg layer since that's what you ordered". I wanted to say no ****! She obviously didn't want to take the time to go ask someone that would know, so please help me identify this cutie so I can look up what I can expect from her!! In my previous orders the freebie one is the same as something else you ordered so it was easy to figure out what breed but she doesn't look like the others. She has a black back, gray wings/chest, yellow muddled with gray belly & pink legs. Thanks everyone!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Maybe a gold laced wyandotte?

3. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    What hatchery was it? What other breeds of layers do they have?

4. KowTippin

Jul 11, 2013
    Meyer Hatchery in Ohio, they have a bagillion different breeds so it's kind of a stab in the dark for me. I have other chickens but I'm kind of new to raising so I only can tell what the ones I order should look like. I ordered 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes so it isn't that because those stood out since there were two that looked the same. I also ordered Cuckoo Maran, Speckled Sussex & Salmon Faverolle and this one looks nothing like the others. They had like 30 on the list of hatches for Monday but I didn't save the list and since Monday is over it's no longer up!

5. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Hmm well you might just have to post new pictures in another few weeks to get the answer.

6. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree. The chick has the right coloring and a rose comb.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I usually don't guess at baby chicks, but I looked at it & thought gold laced Wyandotte.

8. KowTippin

Jul 11, 2013
    These are my Golden Laced Wyandottes I ordered.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by