Help identifying bantam chicks, please!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Melinda35, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Melinda35

Melinda35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    These chicks were purchased at TSC. They are about 4 weeks old and come from Ideal. They all have furry feet.

I think this brown one is a boy!

[​IMG]

I have two of these blue colored chicks. I had a better picture but can't get it to upload.

[​IMG]

I have two of these as well. It is hard when they won't sit still. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for all of your help![​IMG]

2. Melinda35

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    Not feeling very loved...[​IMG]

3. Caliphe

Caliphe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I can't help you identify, but I think the chick in the last picture is so beautiful! I love the coloring!

4. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    I agree #1 looks rooish and Im thinking maybe RIR..

#2 no clue

#3 my guess is some kind of game hen?!?!

But im totally new at this - your birds are beautiful [​IMG]

5. Melinda35

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    Thank you. Hopefully someone will tell us what he/she is and then you can get some, too! [​IMG]

6. Melinda35

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    Quote:Thank you! I have some RIR but they are large breeds. I don't know if RIR comes in a bantam. I will need to look that up. It will be just fine with me if they do.

These are the most colorful set of chicks I have had. Definitely enjoying the wonder what they are going to look like game!

7. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    #1 There is a Red Cochin Bantam, don't know if that's a possibility! [​IMG]

#2 EE? Does it have green feet?

#3 Maybe a Laced Wyandotte?

I'm just guessing, based on what I've seen around the boards so I am probably wrong. BUT I wanted to say they are all SO beautiful! [​IMG]

8. Melinda35

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    Quote:Thank you! I have no idea what color #2's feet are. I will check in the morning. I will also research Red Cochin Bantam and Laced Wyandotte. All I have ever had are RIR and Ideal 236 white chickens. [​IMG] I am definitely enjoying adding color to my flock. I also have some EEs that are just beautiful, barred rocks and two misteries but pretty sure EE because they both have colored legs.

I also have a silkie that gets fluffier by the day! [​IMG]

9. tuthillny

tuthillny Semper Fidelis

Sep 27, 2010
    Ulster Co. NY
    Because you said they all have feathered legs and feet - I would say that the first and third are Cochins - red and partdridge. The middle is a Brahma - it has a pea comb. Dark maybe.

10. Melinda35

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    Quote:I did look up Cochins last night and thought that did seem like a possibility. I wish that I had taken individual pictures as soon as I got them so that it could be much easier to identify. You can't find many pictures of teenagers to compare to. I will need to look up Brahma now. I think they are so beautiful even though they are in their awkwardness. I love the color of the possible Brahma. It is like a dark blue. I just hope they start liking me a little more because I have a feeling they are going to be the kind you just want to pickup and love on. [​IMG]

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by