Help Identifying Bantam Hens

Mr.LadyAms

Chirping
Apr 11, 2018
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased some bantams out of the tractor supply bin hoping to get some OEG. I know I accomplished that with a few but I have two hens that have blue legs so I'm not sure what breed they are. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
IMG_20220823_191332__01.jpg

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased some bantams out of the tractor supply bin hoping to get some OEG. I know I accomplished that with a few but I have two hens that have blue legs so I'm not sure what breed they are. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!View attachment 3233935
Aside from the red ear lobe, she looks a bit like a Phoenix bantam.

What kind of comb does she have?

Could she be an American game bantam? They are rare but they do pop up, and it would account for the red earlobes and blue legs. Phoenix and Dutch bantams should have white earlobes but hatchery birds are often variable, so it could be one of those, too.

Could she be an American game bantam? They are rare but they do pop up, and it would account for the red earlobes and blue legs. Phoenix and Dutch bantams should have white earlobes but hatchery birds are often variable, so it could be one of those, too.
She does look right for one, but I've never seen them available at TSC.

She looks Old English Game bantam to me. Dutch have white earlobes, OEGB have red. Several colors of OEGB have grey or slate legs. (brassy back, silver quill and self blue to name a few)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom