Help identifying breeds!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by freezefamilyfarm, Nov 23, 2010.

1. freezefamilyfarm

freezefamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

I have a bunch like this red one. I'm think ameracauna. They lay green eggs. Also the b/w one in the background... a version of ameracauna? Has not laid eggs to my knowledge. I was told Aracauna on all of them when I got them, but they don't seem "rumpless" to me.

[​IMG]

this is a mystery girl. Sorry its shadowing in the pic. Black with some green highlights like our australorp roos have, but has more red on chest. I really hope [​IMG] she is an australorp.

Thanks for looking. I also have an unknow white hen that I need to get a pic of.

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    You Have EEs and Black Sexlinks. The black and white EE might be a cockerl

3. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    I agree on the EEs and sex link call. Also that black and white one looks like a roo to me. The coloration and curving tail feathers are pretty tell tale signs

4. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    I agree with the both of you. Easter Eggers and Black Sex-links. The black and white EE is a roo.

You know... I just noticed the funniest thing! Your EE roo looks just like mine! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. freezefamilyfarm

Nov 17, 2010
    Quote:Great another Roo! So many roos I don't know what to do! Thanks for the info. Can you see the other b/w in the background? I'll get a better pic tomorrow, she (he) is sort of laced. I really hope that one is a hen. Maybe that's why they are not laying! [​IMG] I have them in the "brown egg" pen to see if they will lay. So far they are not fussing with either dominant rooster, but the white one in the pic I have named Houdini because he gets out and also goes in between coops at will.

6. freezefamilyfarm

Nov 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

Found this one on my computer. It's another shot of the EE cockerel and you can see a bit of the laced one below, but not enough.

7. chicken wild

chicken wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Franklin Ga
    EE and sex link

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by