Help identifying ducklings

Trav5787

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 23, 2012
Hi, I have just picked up 6 ducklings from the feed store and was wondering if I could get some opinions on what breed they are. I think I have a rouen, a khaki campbell, a pekin and 3 swedes.

thanks

Hi,

2blue sweds, 1 cayuga, 1 rouen, 1 khaki campbell, and sorry to say but your "pekin" is a baby goose. :eek:

Very cute!

Sweet!! I was hoping for a Cayuga. I was wondering about the pekin. The more I looked at it the more I doubted that it was a duck. lol Oh well. I was considering getting a goose because someone told me they would run off a few potential predators. The funny thing is that the goose has the sweetest personality so far.

The only thing I don't have that I wanted then is a Saxony.

rouen, khaki, 2 blue sweds and a black swed. the cayuga would be pitch black and you "pekin" looks like a goose

Last edited:
How cute! Funny that you got a gosling when you weren't expecting one. It might be a white Chinese, which can get loud. Goslings are very sociable with the ones they think are their caretakers. I think that one n front of him is a Rouen.

I'd say your little yellow duckling is a goose for sure! how funny! :) However, the small black and yellow duckling in front of your goose looks just like my baby Rouens, so i'd say it's a Rouen. i agree with the others-those babies definitely look like blue swedish to me. If you can't find out what they are, you can always check out google images too! Good luck!
big_smile.png

P.S. I agree with you on the Saxony; I'd love to get one!

Back
Top Bottom