Help Identifying Please?

hardy21

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013

We got these as a gift from a neighbor, who said he had no idea what they were. They're about three months old. Any help would be much appreciated!
Will try to take better pictures soon!

Silkie crosses. And, I think that the orange and white one is a rooster due to the coloring and the redder comb and wattles. The other looks like a pullet.

I think that they're Silkie mixes due to the fifth toe (most chickens have four), the comb coloring, and the crest. For now, their tails/feathering look pullet-y, but the comb development on the reddish one makes me think that it could be a cockerel. The other is almost certainly a pullet, though.

Thank you all very much for your help!!!! We are almost certain that the reddish one is a rooster, and we thought that the white one was definitely a pullet, but she is the one that has been crowing lately!!! I hope that she is just going through a phase, as I've heard that pullets sometimes crow before they reach five months. Anyway, thanks again! I never would have thought they were silkie crosses!

Thank you all very much for your help!!!! We are almost certain that the reddish one is a rooster, and we thought that the white one was definitely a pullet, but she is the one that has been crowing lately!!! I hope that she is just going through a phase, as I've heard that pullets sometimes crow before they reach five months. Anyway, thanks again! I never would have thought they were silkie crosses!
Young hens do not crow. Older hens with hormonal issues may crow, but not a young bird. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom