Help identifying these clean leg bantam chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fruitbrute, Apr 13, 2017.

1. fruitbrute

fruitbrute Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2014
    Connecticut
    Just picked up 6 clean leg bantams yesterday, I am pretty sure the smallest one is a golden sebright, and I think the dark one with red cheeks is a quail antwerp belgian.
    But the other 4? No clue.
    the yellow looks sort of like a silver sebright, but it's a little bigger than the one I know is a golden... so I dunno.
    Then there's the two twins, and the crazy spotted looking one..

any ideas?

:p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    I have no clue on breeds, but they are adorable!

3. fruitbrute

Aug 31, 2014
    Connecticut
    Thanks! I love them so much already! Just wish I knew what the little stinkers were!!

4. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    It looks like you have 4 Golden Sebright, 1 Silver Sebright, and possibly 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte.

The one that you believe to be a Belgian Antwerp, does the color on the wings look similar to the Sebrights? Does it have a beard?

The possible Gold Laced Wyandotte, does it have yellow feet? I think I see a toe that looks dark so if it is not yellow it might not be a Wyandotte.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you wait a few weeks more, it will be much easier to ID the chicks and certainly better than wild guesses.

6. fruitbrute

Aug 31, 2014
    Connecticut
    Ok, I think everyone has dark/greyish feet, the one I thought maybe (was hoping) was a Belgian Antwerp has dark feathers coming in on the wings, not gold like the sebright(s). Of course, Mum is visiting this weekend and insisted we go get 2 "chipmunk" flavoured ones - so we ended up with two of these (yellow feet btw), and another that looks like the one I suspected was the Belgian Antwerp... but the new one has gold feathers on the wings (not dark like the first one).

I'll post again in 2 weeks when we have more feathers to look at! :)

(I looked up Gold Laced Wyandotte and for sure that chick looks just like the ones pictured!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  7. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    Maybe you do have Belgian Antwerp after all. The new one looks like an Old English [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by