Help ID'ing my marshmallow supermodel

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by larush, Sep 3, 2014.

1. larush

larush Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2014
    oHIo
    Hello! Last week I took in a group of chickens that were feed store leftovers from this season. Not sure on age. Out of the fluffy stage, but months away from laying. There are a few that could be muttchickens, or some breed I do not recognize, so here I am! Two of them look similar, but I have no idea what they are. They both have feathered legs, and a slight head poof. One is mostly white with barn owl looking toasted marshmallow wings. She also has black eyeliner running from the corners of her eyes, where the other one does not. She is on the left in the first photo and on the right in the second. Anyone have any ideas?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cash money

cash money Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2014
    The one with a puffy head might be a silky the all gold one in the second picture is a buff orphington

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Looks like silkie mixes. Cute little things!

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Cute little Silkie mixes!

5. WyandotteIndeed

WyandotteIndeed Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    Very cute! Yes, I see two with crests and an extra toe in the first pic. Those will be silkie crosses. There is an american buff orpington pullet in the second and looks like a white silkie in the back.

1 person likes this.
  6. larush

Sep 3, 2014
    oHIo
    Thanks! Do you think they could be Silkie x Easter Egger crosses?

7. WyandotteIndeed

WyandotteIndeed Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    That is definitely a possibility. The lighter one has blue/green legs and her feathering looks like the more common EE types, but the darker one appears to have white legs and speckles/spangles, I would think something with those characteristics like a sussex or an "aloha" chicken. It will be fun to see what color eggs they lay!

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I don't especially see any Easter egger there, but you'll know for sure when they start laying [​IMG]

9. larush

Sep 3, 2014
    oHIo
    @WyandotteIndeed you're right about leg color. Speckled Sussex coloration for the darker one does jump out in my eyes. I agree with you and @donrae... I can't wait to see the eggs!

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Both appear to be Silkie mixes. I don't see any Easter Egger in them, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by