1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help id'ing new bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jordan293, Mar 2, 2016.

1. jordan293

jordan293 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2015
    Las cruces, nm
    Hey i just picked up some chicks at tractor supply and i need help identifing these 3 bantams. This first one is some sort of duccle im sure it has a beard and feathered feet but i dont know the color
    [​IMG]
    Next is this little black and white chick it also has a beard and feathered feet but again i dont know the color
    [​IMG][​IMG]and then another black and white one but this one doesnt have a beard but does have feathered feet im thinking cochin
    [​IMG][​IMG]any help would be much appreciated!!G

2. jordan293

Apr 24, 2015
    Las cruces, nm
    Woops forgot the grey one[​IMG]

3. jordan293

Apr 24, 2015
    Las cruces, nm
    Was looking for info on the internet and im pretty sure my little black and white chick with the beard is a black mottled d'uccle!! That would be amazing i was specificaly looking for d'uccles in the asst. Bantam bin
    [​IMG]

4. jordan293

Apr 24, 2015
    Las cruces, nm
    Nobody had any ideas on the other two???

5. ChickenHermit

ChickenHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2015
    Astoria, OR
    The gray one with the white tummy might be a bantam light brahma, if I had to hazard a guess.

Is the last one yellow and blue-ish fluff, or more gray? Can't quite tell in the picture. It looks like a cochin to me, though unsure on color.

6. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    The first two look like Mottled Belgian Bearded D'uccles. The next one looks like a Light Brahma Bantam. The last one is hard to tell from the photo, but if it has a beard and is an even grey color, is probably a Self Blue Belgian Bearded D'uccle. :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    sounds good

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by