1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help id'ing the breed of my goat (pics included)...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Shay1327, May 10, 2009.

1. Shay1327

Shay1327 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Franklinville, NY
    My husband picked up this pretty little lady at our local livestock auction, but silly him he never asked what breed she is. All he knows is she is a dairy goat. From what the person he bought her from told him she is about 4 months old. Her name is Dodge and she is a little sweetheart. Follows me like my shadow and loves my kids. Gets so excited to see me each day and does this little happy run (she runs and jumps kinda sideways) when she comes out everyday to munch on all the plants and grasses in our field. We are thinking about breeding her when she is a little older for milk purposes and so she can have her kid as a companion (right now her companions are our 3 little pigs, our chickens, and ducks).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking Alpine or Alpine X? Any help would be great....

2. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    You are thinking right! [​IMG]

so glad to hear you are enjoying her!

3. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Alpine or AlpineX was my first guess too. She is so cute--I love that little "goat-dance" they do. Have fun with her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by