Help! I'm a hatchaholic!!

equine chick

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 9, 2007
Volant Pa Lawrence County
So here I am with 77 eggs in 2 incubators. I just bought another 12 eggs on jersey giants and 12 on marans. My dd says this is my crack! I swear there will be no more egg buying this year! I have a new hovabator on the way from cutler so I'll be okay there but I think this is so awesome but this has to stop. Anybody with me with this addiction. The jerseys and marans are being shipped this week. I swear this is it!

good luck with not buying anymore I swear this is the most addicting thing that I have done and can hardly stop. Hope you have a good hatch

That's what I said, until I bid on some goose eggs. i was glad I someone out bid though.
tongue.png

However, I think after my goose and Welsummers hatch, I am going to do my Delawares again. That depends on how many I can get out of this batch that won't pip!

So here I am with 77 eggs in 2 incubators. I just bought another 12 eggs on jersey giants and 12 on marans. My dd says this is my crack! I swear there will be no more egg buying this year! I have a new hovabator on the way from cutler so I'll be okay there but I think this is so awesome but this has to stop. Anybody with me with this addiction. The jerseys and marans are being shipped this week. I swear this is it!

So, what makes you think you have a problem? I see nothing wrong here.
idunno.gif

Cyn I am scratching my head too. Guess I am a little confused by this post. I've got 2 bators full and 2 orders of duck eggs on the way this week. I don't think I have a problem, do I????
big_smile.png

Ummmm. New 'bator on the way and you are going to stop hatching?
lau.gif

Send that 'bator to me and I'll keep it safe for you. You're welcome.
lau.gif
lau.gif

Cheers,
Michelle

I am also addicted..it's all I think about.I have only 15 eggs in my bator(had 20 but removed 5 unfertile ones), but wish I could hatch all of the eggs my hens lay(about 12-15 a day)...but only have 1 bator(so far? hmmmm).I want to hatch any egg I see. This is my first time hatching,and I feel like I am expecting another baby(even though I am done having human babies,4 is enough) but not enough in the eggs department...I want more!!!! Every day I collect my eggs and put them in the fridge, I have the thought of " there's a lil' baby chick in there" and it breaks my heart that I can't put any more in my bator and haven't got anything else to put them in to hatch them. {{{{sigh}}}}} All of those lil' chickies...lost...gone...not having a chance at life..
sad.png

My husband started suggesting I turn to cocaine...it might be less expensive than my chick-habit!
tongue.png

But I'm with Cyn... I don't see a problem here! LOL!

I have made it to step one of the 12 step program. I think though it will take me a while to stop.
1. Recognizing the addiction and telling everyone you have a addiction
"HELLO, MY NAME IS EQUINE CHICK AND i AM A HATCHAHOLIC!!!" You know there is actually a yahoo group called hatchaholics. LOL I thought about joining but I think they would just add to my wonderful addiction.

I've had a missing americauna for the last 5 days or so. we would catch her and found her back out the next day. Well I found her in one of our hay sheds today cuddled with 9 blue americauna eggs. So I don't know when she started incubating so I guess I will start counting today. How cool! Now the chickens are feeding my addiction!

Back
Top Bottom