Help! I'm a hatchaholic!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equine chick, Apr 21, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    So here I am with 77 eggs in 2 incubators. I just bought another 12 eggs on jersey giants and 12 on marans. My dd says this is my crack! I swear there will be no more egg buying this year! I have a new hovabator on the way from cutler so I'll be okay there but I think this is so awesome but this has to stop. Anybody with me with this addiction. The jerseys and marans are being shipped this week. I swear this is it!

2. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    good luck with not buying anymore I swear this is the most addicting thing that I have done and can hardly stop. Hope you have a good hatch

3. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    That's what I said, until I bid on some goose eggs. i was glad I someone out bid though. [​IMG]

However, I think after my goose and Welsummers hatch, I am going to do my Delawares again. That depends on how many I can get out of this batch that won't pip!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

So here I am with 77 eggs in 2 incubators. I just bought another 12 eggs on jersey giants and 12 on marans. My dd says this is my crack! I swear there will be no more egg buying this year! I have a new hovabator on the way from cutler so I'll be okay there but I think this is so awesome but this has to stop. Anybody with me with this addiction. The jerseys and marans are being shipped this week. I swear this is it!

So, what makes you think you have a problem? I see nothing wrong here. [​IMG]

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Cyn I am scratching my head too. Guess I am a little confused by this post. I've got 2 bators full and 2 orders of duck eggs on the way this week. I don't think I have a problem, do I???? [​IMG]

6. Meesh

Meesh Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Rocky Mountains
    Ummmm. New 'bator on the way and you are going to stop hatching? [​IMG]

Send that 'bator to me and I'll keep it safe for you. You're welcome. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Michelle

7. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    I am also addicted..it's all I think about.I have only 15 eggs in my bator(had 20 but removed 5 unfertile ones), but wish I could hatch all of the eggs my hens lay(about 12-15 a day)...but only have 1 bator(so far? hmmmm).I want to hatch any egg I see. This is my first time hatching,and I feel like I am expecting another baby(even though I am done having human babies,4 is enough) but not enough in the eggs department...I want more!!!! Every day I collect my eggs and put them in the fridge, I have the thought of " there's a lil' baby chick in there" and it breaks my heart that I can't put any more in my bator and haven't got anything else to put them in to hatch them. {{{{sigh}}}}} All of those lil' chickies...lost...gone...not having a chance at life..[​IMG]

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    My husband started suggesting I turn to cocaine...it might be less expensive than my chick-habit! [​IMG]

But I'm with Cyn... I don't see a problem here! LOL!

9. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I have made it to step one of the 12 step program. I think though it will take me a while to stop.
    1. Recognizing the addiction and telling everyone you have a addiction
    "HELLO, MY NAME IS EQUINE CHICK AND i AM A HATCHAHOLIC!!!" You know there is actually a yahoo group called hatchaholics. LOL I thought about joining but I think they would just add to my wonderful addiction.

10. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I've had a missing americauna for the last 5 days or so. we would catch her and found her back out the next day. Well I found her in one of our hay sheds today cuddled with 9 blue americauna eggs. So I don't know when she started incubating so I guess I will start counting today. How cool! Now the chickens are feeding my addiction!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by