help! im not sure whats wrong with one of my chicks

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenmama907, Apr 25, 2017.

1. chickenmama907

chickenmama907 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    I have a flock of 14 chick and one doesn't seem to be doing so good. She sees to be kind of droopy, she doesn't lay down when she sleep she will stand up and slowly drop her head when she sleeps,she also sounds kinda horse when she chirps. Anyone know what might be wrong with her?

2. ChickonLand

ChickonLand Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2017
    I got 8 chicks from the feed store and one would do the same. She stood in front of her wall and just seemed to be very droopy. It took her about 2 days to get use to her new home and then she perked up and is now 11 months and doing great! Sometimes chicks (after you bring them home) are just stressed and take awhile to get use to the new home and friends. Give her a few days and if she still seems droopy there may be something wrong.

3. chickenmama907

chickenmama907 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    we have had them for a month or so now and she just recently started acting weird, i'm not sure what breed she is and if maybe there are health problems with that certain breed. She has like a little puff of feathers on her head and she also stinks pretty bad too.

4. ChickonLand

ChickonLand Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2017
    Our hen was droopy in the first days of us owning her so I'm not sure how to help! Has there been any major change in her home that could start this droopiness? (New feed, new coop, temperature change... etc)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by