Help!! impacted crop?

Kniefelpoultry

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2016
Arizona
After some research I believe my 3 month old bantam rooster has an impacted crop, he has a hard golf ball sized crop but I smelt his mouth an didn't smell bad at all, but he's pretty much acting completely normal he's kind ofbeen laying around sleepy a bit he didn't come for food when I called for him but when I put in front of him he would go after it so that's what I mean by lazy an just didn't seem as energetic probably cause his crop is bloating out of him lol but He's drinking eating and pooping preening himself and jumping this morning I didn't notice anything an he eat his morning meal an then free ranged the rest of the day while I was at work so I don't know what he eat my brother said he dropped a little of our mini pigs dry pellet food on the ground an all the chickens came n eat it but all my hens are completely fine but he's a bantam so I don't know if they might of been to big each pellet is about half a inch, Currently have him inside the house in crate no food just water been massaging his crop softly but just A hard ball pretty much see how he his in the morning he's laying down right now making little chirps sleeping please let me know what I can to do an what you think is wrong

Thank you I kept him in all night an checked on him in the morning an it went down a lot but still a little bit of a ball but he has all kinds of poops in his pen that looked normal an I went to work the rest of the day just let dim with water an came home an it was pretty much completely back to normal an he was very energetic I think cause he was pretty hungry but I put him back out side an he was running around jumping up an down walls completely normal but I feed him some crumbles tonight an his crop got about half the size of it did last night but isn't it normally suppose to get bigger when they eat I'll check again! In the morning

Back
Top Bottom