1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! IMPULSE BUYING! Getting a 'Bator online NOW! What do I need?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BluegrassSeramas, Mar 5, 2009.

1. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Please help!!!! We are on-line at this very moment and suddenly decided we HAVE TO HAVE AN INCUBATOR. Like NOW. I'm on ebay now so please help. I want to spend $50 to $150.

2. BluegrassSeramas

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    NEW Hova-Bator
    THERMAL AIR INCUBATOR and Turner
    GQF Model 1602N/1610 110V Volt
    For USA & Canada

Includes Turner
    With 6 Universal Egg Racks
    (Chicken -small to large, ducks, turkey, guinea)
    and 6 Quail Racks

This Thermal AIR FLOW model, is the Most Economical incubator available.
    The radiant heat tube gently warms the inside of the incubator, the
    air and the eggs. Thermal action of the heated air flowing out the exhaust
    vents in the top of the incubator, draws fesh air in thru the bottom vents. this
    thermal air flow also assists the drying of the chicks after they hatch. This
    design includes two small windows on top for viewing the Eggs and the
    Hatch! The Wafer thermostat is proven, accurate technology
    that produces great hatch results.
    Thermometer & Plastic Liner Included.

heres one!!! Do I need this??????

3. BluegrassSeramas

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    The New Genesis Hova-Bator Incubator 1588
    We are a Factory Authorized Dealer and eBay Power Seller!

The New Genesis Hova-Bator is pre-set for bird eggs. Simply plug it in, then add water and eggs. Nothing to set up or adjust. This circulated air Hova-Bator comes with a thermometer, plastic bottom liner.

Simply plug it in, add water for humidity and eggs, Nothing to set up or adjust. The pre-set microprocessor based thermostat digitally regulates itself in the 99.9 degree range. The digital technology in this thermostat, unlike outdated analog tecnology, means the command setting is never affected by changes in the humidity, temperature, dust or age. Built in sensors prevent the "burn up" of eggs. Like all incubators, the 1588 requires a stable room temperature and should not be used in areas like sheds or barns. Being pre-set, this incubator delivers consistently good hatches. Excellent for classrooms, novices, and experts. Can be used for most types of bird eggs. Dimensions 18" x 18" x 9 1/2" Automatic egg turners available. Without an automatic turner in place, the incubator will hold 50 large duck or chicken eggs or 140 quail eggs.

Everybody seems to like this one....do I get this one?

4. BluegrassSeramas

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Just saw that our local Tractor Supply has little Giant one with forced air...?

Hello out there![​IMG]

5. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I just bought my first 1588 to add to my ever expanding incubator collection. How much on ebay? The cheapest I found was from Cutlers game bird supply

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I ordered a GQF Hovabator 1588 with an automatic turner straight from GQF. The total cost with shipping was $180. I have had great hatches in it and no regrets. Very easy to use- just add eggs and water and wait. [​IMG]

7. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

DONT GET A LITTLE GIANT!

Get a hovabator, you will NOT regret it. [​IMG]

8. BluegrassSeramas

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Cheapest is 150 with shipping for the Hova 1588! Thanks all! Gonna get it!.......and then post an ad for a used cabinet incubator on the local poultry site! YAY!

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

If you get a turner you can't go wrong. It's a bit more money (around $40) but so much less hassle.

10. BluegrassSeramas

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks soooo much! This is the best forum ever!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by