Help in harrison

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aladore, Mar 23, 2017.

1. aladore

aladore Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2017
    My Pekin duck heading outside in a week. He is very attached my my oldest daughter. It's crazy how much he loves her. Is this gonna be a problem. He is going outside by himself the other three are too young. Worried for him

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Only move him with the other Ducklings...Or hang a mirror for him....My Bouncer is and was very attached to me and my Dog Lucy.....He was fine being moved with his mirror and now lives with the younger Ducklings....:).......

Best wishes...

Cheers!

3. aladore

aladore Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2017
    Thank u for ur great advice. One more thing please. I ran out of chick starter food. It's being delivered tomorrow. What can I use until it comes in. Thanks

4. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

What else do you have?.....You can cook up some porridge and peas.....Feed some Tomato and romain....They will need feed ASAP..;)

5. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Yep get some dry oats. Peas. Lettuce.
    wouldn't feed this alone for more than a day.

6. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    If it was me i would go to the feed store if its within an hour or so. Even if it was coming within a day because they are going to need alot of oats, and peas and lettuce to keep them full for the next day. And its prob going to give them some diarrhea if they have only been on duck feed previously .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by