1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help in identifying this breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GatorDoc70, Jan 23, 2013.

1. GatorDoc70

GatorDoc70 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2012
    Hello all,
    I bought this chicken from my local feed store about 2 months ago. I really liked the color, and markings on this bird, and when I asked the feed store folks what breed she was, they had no idea. I then began researching on this website as to the possiblle breed that this chicken could be, I came up thinking maybe Barnevelder due to her markings and colors. Recently though I saw a friends Partridge Rock, and then began wondering if she may be a Partridge Rock? I am still leaning towards Barnevelder, but would like to know for sure. She has not yet started laying, so do not know what color eggs we will get yet. Thanks for all the help.
    Ed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    dark cornish comb is worng for the other breeds you listed

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Agreed

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    dark cornish

5. GatorDoc70

GatorDoc70 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2012
    Thanks everyone, Dark Cornish it is! I looked up dark cornish and spot on. Thanks for the help.

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by