Help in Stinking Water

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Evernf, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Evernf

Evernf In the Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    No one sells chicken feed in Stinking Water Wyoming starter grower or layer what do I do

2. SproutGirl

SproutGirl Songster

Apr 3, 2008
    Missoula, Montana
    Here's a good feed company that's based in Montana, not too far from you. Maybe you could order some online and have it shipped to you. Or maybe you could convince a local nursery, pet store, or hardware store to order from them and stock some chicken feed. Good luck!

http://www.lakelandfeeds.com/

3. rdranch

rdranch Songster

Apr 13, 2007
    Strasburg,CO
    How's the water in Stinking Water? Just curious.[​IMG]

4. Evernf

Evernf In the Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Stinking

5. rdranch

rdranch Songster

Apr 13, 2007
    Strasburg,CO
    I'm sorry:(

6. Evernf

Evernf In the Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Want me to send you some

7. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Songster

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    You may have to mix your own, or get your local feed mill to do it if they can't order in some. For a long time we let our free-range birds eat swine feed. It was ground corn, protein pellets and added vitamins. They loved it and were free-ranging all day long for what they needed. I am sure the mill would work with you on protein % and what you wanted in there. Just would not be crumbles or pellets, but actual grain. My husband's grandmother lives in Romania, her chickens only get shelled corn, and what nature provides them. They do okay. You might run an ad and get some other interest in ordering a larger batch, but don't get too much as it will loose vitamins over time. Maybe you can sell the extra to someone if you have to order it online.

HenZ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: