1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help in Texas!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by njurado, Dec 13, 2007.

1. njurado

njurado New Egg

Sep 19, 2007
    Hi, i have a group of 6 chickens and one male peacock in my backyard. No roosters. One of the hens is just not herself...kinda just lying around and not roaming the backyard with her best friend and she usually does. Kinda has a look of disrtess also...I am not sure if she is going to lay her first egg and is having trouble or something more serious...Please help! She also has a look of distress about her...Any advice? I don't have the money for a vet and really feel terrible...All the other hens are fine, so I don't think it is a disease or anything like that...Thank you for your time...[​IMG]

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Has she ever laid before? What kind of chicken is she, how old? Do you see any visible signs of injury? Take a good look at her all over. Let us know and maybe we can help you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by