HELP!!!! INCUBATING SHIPPED EGGS WITH DETACHED AIR CELLS (IN SPORTSMAN 1502)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FarmGirl9494, Aug 5, 2013.

1. FarmGirl9494

FarmGirl9494 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    I let my eggs sit upright for 24 hours in a cool room and have left my eggs in an upright position in the incubator for 48 hours and have started turning! I have them in a Sportsman 1502 and my incubator is set on Auto turn T which rotates and stops at random angles. I have just turned the auto turn on and it goes once an hour.

Should I have my incubator set to Auto turn A which turns the eggs 45 degrees once and hour switching back and forth from counter clockwise to clockwise? Or will the Auto turn T with random angles be okay??

I don't know what will be better for my eggs because some still have detached air cells!! if anyone knows and can help that would be fantastic!!!!

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    just try and keep them up right. I just ordered eggs off ebay a week ago same prob. I think the airflight and the hot weather did them in. they ended up all liquid inside. I have some I am still hopeful for though. good luck on yours.

3. FarmGirl9494

Feb 20, 2013
    okay, like I have them all in a position were their cells don't roll around even with a 45 degree turn but some have cells that still move no matter what! do I just not rotate them or what do I do?
    and thank you! I will need all the luck I can get! good luck with yours too!!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  4. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
  5. FarmGirl9494

Feb 20, 2013
    Okay! thank you!! that helps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by