Help incubator got cold day 2!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tex63, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Tex63

Tex63 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2016
    I have 56 eggs I started. They are on day 2 now. Yesterday while I was out of town for a few hours the power went off at some point. I left around 1:00 power was on temp good at 37.6c or 99.5f and humidity at 50%. They eggs had been put in the day before so they were just short of one full 24 hour period heading into day 2. When I got home I. The evening around 11:30pm the incubator was off and cold reading 26c around 77f degrees no idea how long. I am in Texas in a small town and the closest grocer is an hour away. So now I'm wondering how many will survive? I have them back up to temp. I don't know how long they were cold but I had the incubator covered in a pillow and blanket so the heat should have been slow to dissipate.

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

there really isn't anything you can do except candle at the right time and hope. i'm so sorry that happened!

3. Tex63

Tex63 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2016

Sigh I know was wondering if anyone has ever had a drop like that and a successful hatch later

4. Tex63

Tex63 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2016
    So out of this hatch I only ended up with 6 that survived I had 7 that died appeared the last day or two not sure what that was about. So from now on I'm going to get a back up battery supply that will keep the incubator going in case of power outage. So frustrating I had some really nice breeds in this hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by