Help incubator questions!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RooptyDoo, Oct 27, 2008.

1. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I have a LG still air incubator what temp should I keep it on??? I have 12 day old babies in these eggs which are doing really good if I open the incubator to put them in will it make the temp. go way down? (eggs are already 100.8) They are in a experimental incubator but I want to move to the LG.

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    My incubators are not still air..... so I'm not sure what temp. Search and I'm sure you'll find your answer. As to moving them... I take mine out to candle them etc. If it's one move and that's it, you should be fine... but I would make sure you let that LG run for a day or more to make sure it is going to hold temp. Temp may change when you put your eggs in... don't try to compensate... just give it some time to get back up to temp, otherwise you could end up cooking your eggs. But, if you are worried, just leave them in the bator they're in [​IMG] Surely it is working [​IMG]

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    anywhere from 100 to 102. I would try to get it as close as you can to the other temp. After you get the temp stable in the LG and add the eggs the temp might drop a little, but should go back up !!!

4. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I run mine at 101 F. But that is inside temp...no water wiggler.

5. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Quote:No water wiggler? what does that mean?

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Water Wiggler is that water toy that some use to monitor internal temps... mimics an egg and allows you to get a reading for what the eggs themselves are likely at.

7. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    Thanks alot guys!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by