Help! Injured 1-2 day old chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gardenlady2, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Gardenlady2

Gardenlady2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2013
    My rooster pecked several times at one of the chicks. I think he actually picked it up and dropped it. Now it can't walk!!! One of its legs doesn't work. I think it's injured at the hip but I can't tell. I'm so upset and don't know what to do :-(

2. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Is it bleeding?
    If not that's good, just isolate it with food and water easy to get to, watch and wait. I've never had an injury quite so young but almost. My 2 month old buff Orpington sustained a nasty wound near her knee joint ( dog bite) she didn't walk for a few days but is quite well now. Good luck keep posting.

3. Gardenlady2

Gardenlady2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2013
    The chick is walking again!!!!! I guess something was just popped out of place & miraculously fixed itself!!!!! After it was injured, I watched it scoot itself along and it managed to catch up with the group every time they moved. By the time I was finished researching & went back out to try to help it, the group had moved to a location about 20 feet away & all 9 of them were walking around just fine! Thank God for fixing my little chick!!!

4. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

That's great

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by