HELP! Injured Chicken! Hurt neck?

Trinnmariee

Chirping
Nov 24, 2021
Yesterday, I found that my chickens were attacked šŸ˜­ 3 out of the 5 survivedā€¦ however, 1 of the 3 is seriously injured. She does not have any bleeding or flesh wounds. I found her laying flat on her side still breathing. We picked her up and put her in a crate with hay and have been feeding her with a syringe (food and water). She has no motor function of her legs and does not move her neck it stays laying down. She can still move her wings. Can anyone please help? Any advice? How to fix her?

Last edited:
Yesterday, I found that my chickens were attacked šŸ˜­ 3 out of the 5 survivedā€¦ however, 1 of the 3 is seriously injured. She does not have any bleeding or flesh wounds. I found her laying flat on her side still breathing. We picked her up and put her in a crate with hay and have been feeding her with a syringe (food and water). She has no motor function of her legs and does not move her neck it stays laying down. She can still move her wings. Can anyone please help? Any advice? How to fix her?
From what it sounds like, she may have a broken neck and/or broken legs. Make sure you secure your coop, the predator will be back.
Unfortunately I believe it would be very hard to nurse her back to health. The vet would be the best option, obviously, but if you cant:
If you have the time and patience, then you should keep her in a good sized area alone, and feed/water daily if she won't do it herself. Make sure she is nice and cozy. Beware that it could take weeks or even months.
If you can't do that, the best thing to do would be cull her.
I was hoping not and it was just a sprain. šŸ˜©
If it was a sprain, usually chickens will be able to life their necks and walk on their feet.

Please post a video and pictures of the chicken so we can get a better image of what happened.

Good luck ā¤ļø

This is her right now. Sheā€™s alive. Sheā€™s resting. We have been giving her food and water every hour (during the day) with a small syringe.

Attachments

• DA1B7392-9FBF-4405-B6E0-2E328A0822D5.jpeg
    DA1B7392-9FBF-4405-B6E0-2E328A0822D5.jpeg
    866.9 KB · Views: 18
This is her right now. Sheā€™s alive. Sheā€™s resting. We have been giving her food and water every hour (during the day) with a small syringe.
Boy, she looks messed up. Something is broke. She looks in pain too. I would put her down.

Back
Top Bottom