HELP is it normal????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmgirlforever18, Jul 22, 2011.

1. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    ok so i have eggs hatching thru the weekend so i went into lock down wednesday and my last hatch the humidity was too low so its at 65 and the temp is 100 steady 65 is the highest i can get it its an lg and i have sponges in water and it still dosnt work? but i had bantys due today and no peeps nothing can they be late i thought they came early? im not touching them tell morning so if nothing then i dont know what to do i candled and they were all moving around. i thought i had the hole hatch thing down but i dont know anymore [​IMG]

2. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:i candled wednesday befor lockdown

3. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Any one? Can they be late or are they gone????

4. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    They dont always hatch on cue.

5. CinnamonQueen12

CinnamonQueen12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    I heard that the humidity is supposed to be 60-65 on the last 3 days of incubation. I got all 5 eggs to pip the 21-22 day with the temp at 99-100 and the humidity pretty stable around 65. And eggs hatching late can be normal. I had a chick hatch once on the 24th day and it came out perfectly fine. Nature knows best. Don't interfere and don't worry. I'm so worried that I'll kill a baby chick so I usually wait until the 40th day to crack unhatched eggs open to look for signs of development. You could check earlier, like the 30th day. If they don't hatch the first time, incubate, incubate again! You cant imagine how many clutches of eggs I attempted to hatch before I perfected my homemade incubator, and even now, it doesn't hatch every chick.

6. CatDaddyAlbert

CatDaddyAlbert NoFeathersRuffled

Apr 22, 2011
    Gumboro, Delaware
    The humidity in a hatcher is based on the surface area of the water..NOT the volume. Somehow spread it out. You want a large surface area. If you can get that your humidity will go right up.

7. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    thanks every one i will wait a few more days before i pull them lets pray there still ok [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by