Help!! Is my chicken a hen or a cock?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by geordie_chick, Jun 28, 2011.

1. geordie_chick

geordie_chick New Egg

Jun 28, 2011
    I have 6 chicks - 3 are 6 weeks and 3 are 3 weeks old. One the 6 week old pekin is now showing a pink comb.. i have included the live feed to them to show you what she / he looks like. What do you think, if it is a cock then i can't put him in the allotment and will have to rehome him.. [​IMG]

- footage of chicks - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/northern-chicks

thankyou
    claire

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I can't view your link, but that could just be my computer. Since you called your little one a pekin- I'm going to assume its a bantam. My cochin are LF, but the pictures below may help.....
    [​IMG]
    This is my suspected roo, Rue. His comb and wattles are much bigger than my other chicks.
    [​IMG]
    Here he is with his favorite group of girls, whose combs and wattles are much smaller, and much less red. His butt fluff is facing the camera. Good luck- sending you pullet vibes [​IMG]

3. geordie_chick

geordie_chick New Egg

Jun 28, 2011
    Hummm mine is now looking pretty suspect then.. really bonded with her too [​IMG]

Your chickens look lovely, can't wait until mine are that size. So looking forward to moving them into their hen house

4. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    Your link doesn't work, but I cut and pasted the address and it worked. They were all under the hover so I couldn't see them.

5. geordie_chick

geordie_chick New Egg

Jun 28, 2011
    Quote:they are all out now, its the bigger one - white with cream and fawn spots... link now works (sorry)

6. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    Looks like a roo. Give him another week or 2 to be sure.

7. geordie_chick

geordie_chick New Egg

Jun 28, 2011
    Arghh really.. well nancy will have to become Mr Nancy

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    I had a hard time with you link. It came up ok but didn't last long and went into other ads so I really couldn't tell do you have some pictures you can post? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. geordie_chick

geordie_chick New Egg

Jun 28, 2011
    i will get some

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by