Help is my goat pregnant this young?

Ash84

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2017
I got two miniature pygmy goats from an old man down road. I've always wanted one they were adorable. He sold me both but wasn't sure on the age and guesstimated about 3 ¹/² months. Bonnie and Clyde are twins. When I got her the ambulical cord was hanging about 3 inches hanging. Not long after had fallen off. I also banded Clyde's manhood the minute I got him but continued to let them stay together because they would scream anytime they were separated. I've had them since march 25, 2017. About a month ago I've noticed Bonnie's shape change her belly her vulva changing and also her teats were enlarging. I'm kinda lost here not sure if she's pregnant or not and if she is will the fact that she's too young and her twin brother is the father harm her in any way. What do I do? Any info would help me.

CYMERA_20170618_171452.jpg
20170328_121743.jpg
20170326_115347.jpg

Attachments

• CYMERA_20170620_231731.jpg
    CYMERA_20170620_231731.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
if they still had umbilical cord, it's doubtful that they were 3 1/2 months. I've not heard of it taking much more than a month old before the cord was gone.

Thats what I was told too then some told me it takes up until 3 months for it to fall. The third picture is her the day I got her you can see it dried up and hanging. I just wanted to get some opinions because we leave for vacation in July I dont want to miss anything while I'm gone. I want to make sure she gets the best care if she is pregnant. They are like my kids. They are so spoiled dont want anything to happen to her. The vet told me she probably is and that to leave her be she would be ok having Kidd's even tho she is small.

The vulva doesn't really look like she is pregnant but the udder looks as though she might be. Is it likely your kid is pregnant? No. is it possible she is? Yes. Time will tell. I once had an Alpine doeling get pregnant at three months. I am not proud of it, but it happened. I am not sure who was more surprised, me or her. Everything worked out OK and both mother and daughter grew up to be nice big goats. You want to make sure she is well nourished but do not overfeed her because that may result in bigger kids.

Yea idk what I was thinking....well I guess I was thinking they were too young to breed. Couple questions. The old man that had them only fed them crack corn. So I have tried everything ..thats all they want to eat. They are preally picky about it too. I know the corn will make bonnie n Clyde grow too fast including her babies if she's pregnant. Any advice would help. The heath board came got all that old mans animals couple days after I got them. He wasn't taking care of them like they should so I'm glad I found them in road n got to buy them from him. So idk if they were wormed like he said they was. Should I wait until after she has babies to worm her. And Clyde's Lil nuts fell off already but should I separate them? But they both scream when one is separated fromt he other I dont want to stress her out

And to be honest all his other animals were huge white goats I still dont know where r how he got these beautiful babies out of his other goats. So is it possible that another big goat got to her bf I got her. But I really think this happened after I got her from Clyde I just worry about a big goat breeding with her and having trouble when labor time comes

There is no reason to separate them. Corn is awfully rich. Pygmies really don't need much grain. How much grain are you feeding them? What else are you feeding them?

As for whether to worm while she is pregnant, most wormers are safe for pregnant animals. Read the label. If you have questions, call the company. There should be a customer service number listed there somewhere. If not, you can find it on line.

They only want to eat corn nothing else I've tried sweet feed hay grain nothing. So I only give scoop of 1 cup in morning. During the day they go outside n eat grass then I give a scoop bf they come inside. Yes they sleep inside lol their like my kids very spoiled. They won't eat hay. I've tried that. I have never seen goats so picky about what they eat

What kind of hay are you offering? Goats need an excellent quality hay, or at least that is what they much prefer. It should be fine stemmed, leafy, and free of mold. You might see if you can get some alfalfa pellets and mix that in with the corn. Just put in a very little at first and then slowly start increasing the pellets and decreasing the corn. Just put a very few pellets in the corn the first day. They may refuse them at first but keep at it. If, after two or three days they still won't eat the pellets, it may because they don't know what they taste like and are unwilling to find out. As a last resort, put a couple pellets in their mouth and hold the mouth shut until they chew them. Then they will at least learn what the pellets taste like.

Back
Top Bottom