Help! Is something wrong with my chick?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by swuthrich, Aug 28, 2014.

1. swuthrich

swuthrich Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    PNW
    Hopefully I'm just paranoid but wanted to check anyways. My chicks are about 6 weeks old and today when I was cleaning out their brooder, I saw that one of the chicks had pooped this picture below. She had pooped a couple of times and one was white-- looking similar to when you crack an egg. What does this mean?!

Thanks for the help!
    [​IMG]

2. GA Homesteader

GA Homesteader Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Senoia GA
  3. swuthrich

Mar 30, 2014
    PNW
    It's not too hot! They are living in our unfinished basement right now until they can go out. I just let them all out to run around and all the poop was normal. Hmmmm. Being a new chicken mom is hard sometimes haha :)

4. GA Homesteader

GA Homesteader Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Senoia GA
    I completely agree! It can be stressful. This forum and the Chicken Chick has been an extremely helpful learning site! I just want the little guys to be happy and healthy!

I hope that the poop chart helps. We put ours in the coop for the first time two weeks ago. We could not keep them in their brooder any longer. all 26 of them were a little cramped. lol They like their new coop. The really like being able to go outside. Today was their second full day outside and they were so fun to watch. :)

The poop looks normal to me. Just watch for any other symptoms that may arise. Being a new chicken mom is fun. [​IMG]

5. swuthrich

Mar 30, 2014
    PNW
    I love both this site and the chicken chick site. I'd be lost without them! And I agree with you. They have become our little buddies! We have three that are outside living in their coop already and these 4 will go out in a couple of weeks! You have 26?! That's a lot of eggs! How fun :)

My husband and I like to go outside and just watch them. They each have their own personalities. When I go on my deck, they all come running to the coop door hoping that I will give them some meal worm treats!

Thank you for the help!

I love being a chicken mom :)

6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Is there bits of pink or red in that poop? It kind of looks like it in the picture but it's hard to tell. Keep a close eye.... if you see any more odd poop or poop with blood in it or if you see slow/lethargic chicks, be prepared to run a course of Corid. This will be especially important when they move outside and are more exposed to coccidiosis.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by