Help! Is this a prolapsed oviduct?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ErinNLowe, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ErinNLowe

ErinNLowe New Egg

Mar 12, 2014
    [​IMG]
    I have a small flock, 2 buff orpingtons and 1 black copper maran, who have been good layers with no problems so far, they are all only about 9 months old. When I went out to feed them this morning I found this on the ground. I don't know if it is just an unformed egg, or the chicken's oviduct? And if I now have a dying chicken on my hands? They are all walking around and acting normal, so I am not even sure which chicken it came from, or what to do about it. Please help! Thanks!

2. pogmobum

pogmobum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Its just an abnormal egg layed, if the hen are all acting normal and still laying normally i wouldnt worry, it may help if you give them some extra calcium by putting some crushed oyster shell through there feed :)

3. ErinNLowe

ErinNLowe New Egg

Mar 12, 2014
    Thank you!

4. Avalongirl83

Avalongirl83 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2014
    I have to say, that is by far the weirdest chicken thing I have ever seen!!

5. pogmobum

pogmobum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Ment to say you should also check all of their bums as well just incase if any look red or have an abnormal bump coming then get back to me but since there all acting normal i would say they dont, either way enjoy lol :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by