Help!! is this a wound??

The crop is a sack within the outer shell of skin. Chicken skin "floats", so try moving the outer skin and look at the edges of the wound.

You are able to see this in 3-D, while I can't. If you are able to move the outer skin over this lesion, then it would indicate the wound is on the crop sack as opposed to a wound on the outside of the crop, which would be treated as an ordinary wound. Please perform this maneuver, and then we will be able to further advise you.
I'm scared of touching the skin ): but it looks like an opening in her crop, which is pretty weird since it never bled out? She spends an average of two to three hours with me daily without counting the feeding time and I never noticed it like at all, never felt like something was spilling or blood or anything ): the surface of the skin is pretty rough but likely it's hidden in her feathers. The other day when I noticed it, I applied antibiotic on the wound (will it help?) And it's when she also noticed it and tried pecking and so, had to keep her still till the antibiotic dries out then covered it back to make.sure no other hen or roo peacks at it. I'm sorry I'm not sure what to look for ): but it looks like a repature to me but it's weird she never spilled food out, maybe it wasn't deep enough? Also, she doesn't depend on liquid feed, she has a mixture of solid and liquid food, so can it be a possibility for it to repature when it's not filled with liquid only?

Back
Top Bottom