HELP! Is this Coccidiosis????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by akhadley, Feb 28, 2014.

1. akhadley

akhadley Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2014
    I just found these poops this morning! Is this Coccidiosis???? It isn't super "bloody" and I can't even really tell if it is blood but that's all I can think that it might be! I haven't fed them berries or anything reddish. There were these two "piles" then my Easter Egger perched on the edge of their cage and poo'ed on the ground. I dropped my phone into the poo and when I picked it up the new poo was red inside as well. Ugghhhh... :( :( :( :(

I live on Guam and I don't know if they sell the regular meds for this sickness. We called the guy we got the chicks from and he told us to get something called Thermisis (or a similar name). The local feed store has it so my boyfriend went to get it. *sigh* I'm so sad... I read that they can start dying so fast when they get this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    It looks like shed intestinal lining to me, which is normal on occasion. If your birds are acting normal, dont worry about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by