duckodoggo

Hatching
Apr 19, 2021
I am afraid that my friend opened the duck egg too early and it is the last survivor after an incubator meltdown. It had not internally pipped yet and the membrane isn’t dry. However, it seems unresponsive and the veins have become less prominent and are fading. Is the poor baby dead? The most prominent vein is gone as well!

veins on the outside of it or just veins that you can see through the skin? do you have pictures? I'm going to tentatively say that if the "veins" are disappearing from the outside it could be absorbing them, which is what you want. do you see blood vessels on the outside of it? pictures would be helpful. I'm not super experienced with hatching and I haven't hatched duck eggs but have had to help chicks hatch before. there is a egg hatching intervention guide on here somewhere that is very helpful, I will see if I can find it. it's good that the membrane isn't dry, you want it to stay moist. if it starts to dry out you could try putting a little bit of coconut oil on it to keep it moist so it doesn't shrink wrap and it can absorb the blood vessels easier. is it still in the egg?

veins on the outside of it or just veins that you can see through the skin? do you have pictures? I'm going to tentatively say that if the "veins" are disappearing from the outside it could be absorbing them, which is what you want. do you see blood vessels on the outside of it? pictures would be helpful. I'm not super experienced with hatching and I haven't hatched duck eggs but have had to help chicks hatch before. there is a egg hatching intervention guide on here somewhere that is very helpful, I will see if I can find it. it's good that the membrane isn't dry, you want it to stay moist. if it starts to dry out you could try putting a little bit of coconut oil on it to keep it moist so it doesn't shrink wrap and it can absorb the blood vessels easier. is it still in the egg?
I’ve kept it moist with coconut oil. It’s still in the egg, I’m not sure if it’s dead. Blood vessels aren’t visible from the outside. My friend decided to pop it open when she was panicking and I am afraid bacteria might have infiltrated the egg. She said it sort of smells. The egg still remains inactive.

Attachments

• 20CE692C-3A8A-410F-A9FF-20F72A352841.jpeg
    20CE692C-3A8A-410F-A9FF-20F72A352841.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • AFF5EDD0-5547-4E20-81D0-89AA89B0969A.jpeg
    AFF5EDD0-5547-4E20-81D0-89AA89B0969A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom