HELP!!Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenfeet, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Chickenfeet

Chickenfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    I am on the tail end of our very 1st hatch. Just had one hatch and the older ones(hatched yesterday) are pecking at it. Do I open to intervene? I'm afraid they might kill it? What to do?

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    How many more to go, are they pipped? Hate for you to open the incubator, but you might have to do it really fast. How long has the first one been hatched? Long enough to get hungry?

3. Chickenfeet

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    Quote:I have 4 eggs and do not see pips. I have a total of 10 hatch yesterday, 1 hatched through the night last night and this
    one just hatched. Yesterday was day 21.

4. peepinglaura

peepinglaura Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    I opened the incubator to take out bigger ones. All hatched successfully but one.

5. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Glad this worked out. I have also had pretty good luck leaving the lights in the room off so the already-hatched ones aren't "over-stimulated," LOL!

7. Chickenfeet

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    Quote:Unfortunetly, I was the one "over-stimulated". Ok, I took some the older ones out, very quickly. All is fine. The newbie still has 2 others in the bator with her, so she will not be by her self. And everyone in the brooder are eating and drinking. Gosh, its only 12:15PM and I am ready for a nap already. [​IMG]

I will post pics of part of my clan, as soon as I can download them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by